Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And now, the new and improved...

Man, have I been a bad blogger or what! It's been nearly a year since I last posted and the things I have to show !  Now the only problem is where to begin...

Unfortunately I didn't end up receiving any grant money from the MCC http://www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications/fellowsapp.html, but with the growing numbers of amazing artists that apply each year, its not super heartbreaking.  I found out that I was even going up against my two amazingly talented photography teachers, Stephen DiRado (http://www.stephendirado.com/index.html) and Frank Armstrong (http://pitchertaker.blogspot.com/)! But I have no doubt that I'll be applying each year I can! Hopefully someday I'll get that 10,000 dollar prize, and be able to do my big US east->west roadtrip photo project!

Back to things that are of the more recent present... About a month ago, I reached my one year anniversary working with the super great Portrait Simple family, and am loving it more than ever! (www.PortraitSimple.com)  But as the busy christmas season begins (yes, we start our holiday season on August 31st! haha!), I'm busy with my own freelance work tying up loose ends and finishing projects/jobs before fireplaces, ornaments and photo cards take up most of my time.

To catch you all up to date, the next couple posts are going to be highlight shots from my shoots from the last year!  And eventually we will get to the two beautiful weddings I shot the weekend of August 14th and 15th! Hope you're excited!

Now, enough talking, lets see some photos. These first ones are from a sampling of dance performances and competitions that I was either watching or a part of. (I have a couple years of experience competing and performing in the latin ballroom and salsa world)

 
Riccardo Cocchi & Yulia Zagorouitchenko @ BU, Boston, MA


Leon Turetsky & Ania Lukas @ Springstep Medford, MA



Leon Turetsky & Erin Kaya @ Springstep Medford, MA


Yulia Zagorouitchenko @ BU, Boston, MA
 

FitzGerald & partner @ Eastern Championships Cambridge, MA

 

Helle Rusholt Yi & Steve Yi @ Eastern Championships Cambridge, MA

Hope you enjoyed them!  The Ballroom world is a unique, firey one and is extremely challenging and fun to photograph! Before I go, here's one that I dad (Stewart Clements, also a photographer www.clementshowcroft.com) took of me during one of my own performances!
 
 

okay, so I said one and I end up with four, but hey, theyre fun! Enjoy!
-jess

No comments: